Last Updated on
Our editors independently research the best products online to produce this list. We may receive commission on purchases made from the links below but this will never affect our product choices.
Top 10 Turmeric Supplements
- Nutravita Organic (Editor’s Choice)
- Natural Answers (Luxury Choice)
- Nutrition Geeks (Best Value)
- Nu U Nutrition (Best with Black Pepper)
- Seven Seas Joint Care Supplex (Best Duo Pack)
- Sport Supplies (Best Capsules)
- Vita Premium (Best Vegan)
- Turmeric Vitality Organic (Best Organic)
- The World in U (Best Vegetarian Option)
- Supplemented High Strength (Best Letterbox Friendly)
Taking turmeric supplements seems to be all the rage right now. With more of us becoming aware of the various health benefits associated with turmeric powder, or turmeric capsules, it seems as if there are more supplements out there on the market to choose from.
However, not all turmeric supplements are made equally, and that’s a problem.
You see, when we take something for the health benefits it can bestow upon us, we really do believe that it’s going to do something. The placebo effect does exist, but that can only take us so far. Instead, we really need the product to perform for us, and that applies to turmeric extract, just as it does with anything else.
Whether you are taking a turmeric supplement for help with joint pain, as an anti inflammatory, or for its antioxidant properties, you need to know what the best turmeric supplement is going to be.
So, that’s what we are going to check out.
Turmeric Supplement Reviews
The first thing that strikes you with this turmeric supplement is that it does also include black pepper extract. Now, that’s going to be key, as it is widely known that you need black pepper to help the body absorb the curcumin contained within these supplements.
But the reason we see this as being the best turmeric supplement is that it also contains ginger root, and ginger has its own number of health benefits that are really well known. Also, the turmeric root that they use to get the turmeric powder is all organically sourced in India, so they go right to the source.
Each ingredient is also organic, and it’s suitable for vegans as well. Nutravita has also gone that extra step by getting its turmeric capsules tested by a third party, so it’s not only them telling you how their turmeric extract is the best. It has been checked out and backed by independent studies. Oh, and they are free from heavy metals and bulking agents.
Overall, they are pure, organic, and an amazing supplement.
- It’s completely organic
- It has been tested for its purity and quality
- It contains black pepper extract
- It contains ginger root
- It is GMO-free
- The serving may be too high for some people who need to watch the amount carefully
- The black pepper could have been slightly higher in percentage terms
This option by Natural Answers also contains turmeric with black pepper, so yet again, there should be no problem when it comes to your body absorbing the curcumin and helping your well being. Offering a high potency dosage of 600 mg, they pack a punch.
Also, you get 365 tablets in this bottle, so that’s enough for 12 months without worrying about needing to re-order everything.
Because of the potency, this may be the best turmeric powder if you are planning on trying to get on top of your current inflammation and pain. The black pepper extract in this capsule will enhance the ability to absorb the curcumin, and that’s going to make a significant difference.
We love this version and have included it in our turmeric supplement reviews simply because you have one bottle for the whole year and will be able to get maximum results due to the high level of the main active ingredient. Basically, it should be capable of helping your body and your health.
- It is very potent, so it should help your health and provide other benefits
- It contains black pepper to help with absorbing the curcumin
- The manufacturer has a long history of producing these sorts of products
- They are GMO-free
- They are suitable for vegetarians
- Large bottles may be difficult to store
- The dosage may be too high if worried about interaction with medication
If you are looking for the best turmeric supplement with black pepper that won’t break the bank, then this is it. Not only does it give you a whacking dose of turmeric, but the tablets also contain that black pepper, and some ginger is thrown in for good measure.
The manufacturer makes a big deal of stating how the turmeric curcumin in their product is 95%, and many studies show that a high level of curcumin is required for it to tackle that inflammation and deal with that pain. In this product, you not only get 2000 mg of turmeric, but also 1000 mg of ginger and 200 mg of black pepper, so it does pack a punch.
If you are worried about tablets having some sort of aftertaste, then don’t. Also, it’s gluten-free, suitable for vegans, and thanks to the high levels of curcumin, it should really be beneficial for your overall health. At only 6mm in size, these tablets will not only help your health, but they are smaller in size than other forms of supplements that you may try.
The high strength, which will take you up to the recommended levels of these supplements, should help you fight back against heart disease, boost energy levels, and fight against those free radicals that cause all sorts of damage.
- They are so small but so easy to swallow
- They have more than enough of the active ingredients in your daily dose
- They promote healthier living by having a low carbon footprint, and suitable for vegans
- They have powerful anti inflammatory effects
- They don’t have a horrible aftertaste
- Some people may prefer supplements in capsules instead of a turmeric tablet
- You may need to take two a day to get the full effects
The best supplements not only have a high turmeric curcumin content but also contain black pepper extract. Black pepper is known to help your body digest nutrients, thus helping you make the most of your turmeric supplements.
This version does come with a higher dose than others on the market, but that means you will really feel the many benefits of curcumin on your general health. Also, you get 365 capsules in the bottle, and at one a day, it not only represents great value, but you only need to worry about a single capsule as part of your daily routine.
But as we said, black pepper is key for absorbing turmeric curcumin. Without it, your body struggles to really know what to do with this spice, so it cannot help with arthritis, inflammation, pain, or soothing your digestive system. You see, taking turmeric is about more than just the curcumin content. It requires an extra carrier to then get the extra benefits associated with the best turmeric supplements on the market.
Well, this product has everything you need, and more.
- It has high levels of organic black pepper
- You only have to take it once a day
- You get a full supply for a year in a single bottle
- It represents real value for money
- It contains high potency turmeric
- The capsules may be slightly too big for some people
- They may not work for everyone
When it comes to vitamins and supplements, Seven Seas has built a strong name for itself. Their Joint Care Supplex is designed to provide you with not only turmeric extract but also Glucosamine, some Omega-3, and Vitamin D.
It comes in a pack of 30 capsules and 30 tablets, and you need to take one of each per day. It does contain 4000 mg of turmeric, which comes from 85 mg of turmeric extract, so that is one healthy dose.
This product is certainly different, as the Vitamin D and Manganese will really help your bones, and then the turmeric curcumin will work on the inflammation and joint pain. It certainly sounds like a good idea, and it means you can tackle things from a number of angles.
- It contains other minerals to tackle bone and other health issues
- It has a high dosage of turmeric
- It comes from a brand that everyone knows, so trust is not an issue
- The combination of ingredients is different to everything else on our list
- It will actively promote your own well-being
- May have to buy more regularly
- Taking two tablets may get annoying
When taking supplements in capsule form, you want them to be easy to swallow, and these capsules by Sport Supplies fall into that category.
Here, you get 630 mg of turmeric in each capsule, along with 50 mg of ginger and 10 mg of organic black pepper. Also, you take two a day, so you are giving yourself a great dose and able to really get the benefits.
However, the best thing about these capsules is that they are designed to provide you with the best bioavailability and absolute maximum absorption. This is thanks to the ginger and black pepper included, while they also state they have the best quality curcumin around in their supplement.
Basically, they have created a formula in their supplement that is going to mean your body can take on board as much turmeric curcumin as they can provide to you in their capsule, and that’s fine by us.
- It contains ginger and black pepper, as well as turmeric
- The levels are well-balanced, giving you optimum results and absorption
- It only contains high-quality turmeric in the supplement
- The capsules are designed to be easier to swallow
- It offers high bioavailability
- Some people may not like taking two capsules a day
- May not vegan friendly
These powerful capsules by Vita Premium are perfect for anyone following the vegan lifestyle, containing no ingredients derived from animals.
These capsules provide you with the absolute maximum turmeric curcumin levels on a daily basis, and then you have ginger and black pepper on top of it to make sure the curcumin is absorbed. You do need to take 3 tablets a day, and that’s going to give you a total of 2130 mg, so the chances of the curcumin helping your health will be pretty high.
The capsules contain no artificial ingredients, and nothing is derived from animals. Also, they are certified by the Soil Association, so they are indeed completely organic.
- They are very potent with their high levels of curcumin
- They are indeed completely vegan
- They contain no artificial ingredients
- They also contain ginger and black pepper
- You can lower your daily dosage, so this supplement could last for 6 months
- Taking 3 capsules per day may be offputting for some
- The capsules may be slightly on the large side for some people
These capsules manufactured by Turmeric Vitality are completely organic, and that’s a huge bonus. It means you don’t have to worry about putting anything into your body via this supplement that contains pesticides or other chemicals that may not be that good for your health.
In each capsule, you are going to get 650 mg of turmeric, so that’s a lot of curcumin, along with 50 mg of ginger and 10 mg of black pepper. This is slightly lower with the level of ginger compared to others, but it shouldn’t pose a problem.
The Soil Association certified the product as being organic, so there’s no doubting their credentials. They also guarantee the quality of their product and state that it’s only produced to the highest possible standards. If you aren’t happy, then they will provide you with a refund; It’s as simple as that.
So, what you have here is something 100% organic and with the best possible ingredients. It’s potent and powerful, but you do need to take two capsules per day to get the full effect.
- It is indeed completely organic
- They offer a refund if you are not happy
- They only use the best ingredients around
- The potency is high, offering you the best results
- It’s not mixed with bulking agents
- The ginger level may be slightly lower than other products
- You may need to take it twice a day
With this product, The World in U has been able to create something that is suitable for vegetarians thanks to the ingredients in the supplement, as well as the way in which it is manufactured.
This is lower than others on the market, but that makes it perfect for people still wanting to experience the benefits of curcumin but are worried about how their bodies will react.
This product is certified by the Vegetarian Society, so they have checked everything over and state that it is completely vegetarian. They also only use turmeric that is organic and is of a gold standard, and there are no additives thrown in.
There are no pesticides in the products they use. They are GMO-free, toxic-free, and basically as natural as you can get.
- It uses completely natural products
- It has been passed by the Vegetarian Society
- No additives are used, and there are no heavy metals, toxins, or anything else either
- It contains black pepper to help you absorb the curcumin
- Each batch is checked and tested for its purity, meaning you can trust what they say
- The level of turmeric in each capsule may be lower than some products
- It doesn’t contain ginger which may be a problem for some people
There’s nothing worse than ordering something online and having to wait for it to arrive; as you know, it won’t fit in your letterbox. Well, if you are looking for turmeric supplements that not only help your health, offers great value, and fits through your door, then you have found your answer.
One thing that leaps out is the way in which they state they only use pharmaceutical grade ingredients. Also, they allow you to trace where the ingredients came from, so there’s a sense of accountability thrown in there for good measure.
The product is manufactured in the UK, and it’s in a facility that has been checked and follows strict guidelines. They use high-quality turmeric root, which they say is one of the highest potency in the country, and it’s all suitable for not only vegetarians but also vegans.
Oh, and remember that it will fit through your letterbox.
- This product is highly potent
- They only use pharmaceutical grade ingredients
- Suitable for both vegetarians and vegans
- Produced in a facility checked to the highest standards
- Can slide through your letterbox in a slender package
- May not include black pepper
- The turmeric colour on the tablets may come off and stain your fingers
Choosing the Right Turmeric Supplements for Your Health
Turmeric supplements offer a number of significant health benefits, but only if you can include them as part of your daily routine.
You must remember that turmeric supplements are specifically designed to deliver that higher level of curcumin than you could ever hope to get in even organic turmeric root. Getting just organic turmeric, and including it as part of a healthy diet, won’t cut it.
What you need is to focus on those supplements that come with a higher level of curcumin. Keep an eye out for any that contain bulking agents or too many ingredients in their list.
The Health Benefits of Turmeric
Finally, let’s quickly look at turmeric’s health benefits to help you decide on the best turmeric tablet to take for whatever your health concern may be.
Various scientific studies have shown that curcumin in turmeric can be very beneficial for the health of your body. It is known that turmeric does indeed have anti inflammatory properties, and that’s going to reduce pain and help people with conditions such as arthritis.
By reducing joint pain, thanks to the active ingredient of curcumin, your quality of life can improve.
In supplement form, curcumin has been shown to help with depression and potentially slow down Alzheimer’s. It can fight against ageing as it tackles free radicals that damage cells in the body. It can also help against heart disease, but this is largely due to the anti inflammatory nature of curcumin and turmeric.
Add in it helping blood pressure, digestion, and even tackling certain aspects of various cancers, and you can see why knowing how to identify the best turmeric supplements is such an important thing to do.
Final Things to Consider about a Turmeric Curcumin Supplement
The final thing to mention regarding a turmeric curcumin supplement is that you need to be careful if you have certain medical problems and are on certain medications. Taking too much can be difficult for people on blood-thinning medication. It can also have a negative effect on blood sugar levels, so diabetics need to be careful as well.
However, talk to your doctor about this in advance, as the benefits of turmeric curcumin supplements can easily outweigh the problems. In saying that, it’s best to play it safe.
Turmeric curcumin supplements are easy to purchase, can be taken as either a single dose or in two capsules, and can be beneficial for your health. If you already take vitamins and another supplement, then adding this into your collection is certainly something you should consider.
So now you have all the information you need, we hope you feel confident in choosing one that’s right for you. However, if you are still hesitating, we recommend going for what we think is the best turmeric supplement UK stores have to offer; the Nutrivita Organic Supplement.
Not only is it completely organic, but it’s been tested for its purity and quality and is GMO-free! This means you know what you are putting into your body. What’s more, you reap additional benefits from the black pepper and ginger root that’s added to the mixture, too.